Weekly News 13.10.23
Week 6 in Year 3
- The school closes at 1pm for parent consultations. If you have not yet managed to book a parent consultation, please speak to the school office. There will be no swimming next week.
- Tuesday is PE day, so please send your child into school wearing their PE kit.
- Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct school uniform.
Every week a child from each class will be awarded the kindness cup - a special trophy that sits on their desk for the whole week. A child is either chosen by their teacher or nominated by their peers for displaying kindness that week.
The winners for this week are:
3B - Isaac
3G - Ruben E
3R - Lucas M
3Y - Ferah S
In English this week, we have been recounting the story from Om's perspective; we considered her thoughts and feelings at each point of the story. We also worked to apply the writing techniques we have learnt this term within our writing.
Next week we will be focusing on poetry writing in our English lessons next week.
Our Maths learning this week has been focused on applying our learning from our place value unit to reasoning and problem-solving questions. We also worked on interpreting data from pictograms.
Next week we will turn our focus to graphs.
In our thematic learning this week we had our fabulous WOW day. The children were so engaged with the hands-on activities they completed on Thursday, including making a stone-age pot, a stone-age necklace, creating their own Stonehenge artwork and many more things! All children were fascinated to hear from Thanet Archaeology and had the opportunity to handle artefacts from pre-historic times! We also looked at the developments in ceramics, art and technology.
Next week we will be focusing on Judaism in our RE learning.
-Children have received their logins for Mathletics. Please logon and have a go!
- Please read with your child at least 3 times a week.
- Children have now been given their log-in details for Times Table Rock Stars. They should be playing this at least 3 times a week to build their confidence and fluency with times table knowledge.
- Children have been given a ZPD to help them identify the correct books for their reading level. Once your child has read their book, they will need to complete a quiz on it before getting a new one. These quizzes can be done either in school or at home on Accelerated Reader using the log-in codes found in their reading records.
- Spelling shed homework has also been set for the children to complete by next Friday.
- Please see the homework menu attached for our thematic homework. If you would like a homework exercise book to record your work, please ask your child's class teacher.
We are looking forward to another super week in Year 3 next week. We hope you have a great weekend.
The Year 3 team