Creating a Maths Game - Lucy - Year 4
Lucy made a fantastic maths game at home. Read below to find out all about it in Lucy's own words.
Design your own maths game
I loved designing my own maths game – it is called The 10 Second Rule.
Equipment – Deck of cards and a 10 second time (can be a manipulative or on the interactive whiteboard)
- This game is for four players.
- Place the deck of cards in the middle of the table.
- The youngest player goes first – playing in a clockwise direction.
- Pick a card from the pile, can you answer the question within 10 seconds?
- If you can, you keep the card. If you can’t the next player tries to answer the question and keeps the card if they can.
- Play moves on to the next person.
- The winner is the person with the most cards once the cards are all gone from the middle.