Weekly News 6.10.23
Week 5 in Year 3
- Blue and Green class have swimming on a Monday.
- Tuesday is PE day, so please send your child into school wearing their PE kit.
- Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct school uniform.
- On Tuesday 10th October 2023, your children can come to school dressed in yellow (it could be one item, or ALL items of clothing yellow!) for a donation of your choice. All the proceeds will go to the Young Minds Organisation.
-Book Looks for 3G, 3R and 3y on Thursday 12th at 2.45pm and 3B on the Friday.
Every week a child from each class will be awarded the kindness cup - a special trophy that sits on their desk for the whole week. A child is either chosen by their teacher or nominated by their peers for displaying kindness that week.
The winners for this week are:
3B - Emily S
3G - Leila H
3R - Ameila N
3Y - Grey H
In English this week, we have been busy debating. Our teachers posed the statement, 'Men had the most important jobs in the Stone Age.' and we worked to formulate an argument based on our opinions and evidence on the time period. We had an actual debate in the classroom and then wrote our ideas down. We celebrated National Poetry Day on Thursday by exploring and creating our own poetry based on the theme of 'Refuge'.
Next week we will be focusing on narrative writing as we re-create our class text 'Stone Age Boy' from a different perspective.
Our Maths learning this week has been focused on rounding. We have learnt how to round 2 and 3-digit numbers to the nearest multiple of 10 and 100.
Next week we will turn our focus to graphs.
In our thematic learning this week we have been exploring culture throughout the Prehistoric Era. We have looked at the developments in ceramics, art and technology. Next week we will be celebrating all things prehistoric with a WOW day. We have a range of exciting activities planned and, of course, will be welcoming in Thanet Archaeology.
-Children have received their logins for Mathletics this week. Please logon and have a go!
- Please read with your child at least 3 times a week.
- Children have now been given their log-in details for Times Table Rock Stars. They should be playing this at least 3 times a week to build their confidence and fluency with times table knowledge.
- Children have been given a ZPD to help them identify the correct books for their reading level. Once your child has read their book, they will need to complete a quiz on it before getting a new one. These quizzes can be done either in school or at home on Accelerated Reader using the log-in codes found in their reading records.
- Spelling shed homework has also been set for the children to complete by next Friday.
- Please see the homework menu attached for our thematic homework. If you would like a homework exercise book to record your work i, please ask your child's class teacher.
We are looking forward to another super week in Year 3 next week. We hope you have a great weekend.
The Year 3 team