Key Messages and Homework 24.03.23
- Please send your child into school with a pair of outdoor shoes, so they are able to go on the school field.
- The school closes at 1:15 this Monday (27th) for parents evening.
- For the next few upcoming weeks the children will not be set MyMaths tasks, instead they have been given logins and set quizzes on the maths.co.uk website. The children have been informed about this and shown how to login. For more information please see the letter that was sent home with your child.
- Parent consultations are the week beginning the 27th
- Easter Workshops at St Peter’s Church for 6B and 6G 28th March (1-3.00) and at Queens Road Baptist Church for 6R and 6Y (1-3.00) on the 29th March
Home Learning Task:
This week year 6 have been learning about light and how we can see. Can you research a famous scientist, discovery or invention connected to light?
Minimum 3x a week. Reading record must be signed by an adult. Can be completed on your own or with your parents.
Friday to Friday.
Tasks will be completed online, with new tasks set every week.
Tasks will always follow the spellings being taught in class that week.
Times Tables Rock Stars:
Minimum 3x a week.
Can be completed on tablets, laptops or mobile phones though the app or the website.
Please log in to Maths.co.uk
Each child received a login.
Complete the task set by your teacher.
Another amazing week in Year 6.
The children have written some fantastic balanced arguments base upon a scenario from our English text – Letters from the Lighthouse. Should the local villagers help an injured German pilot, who has crashed into the land surround their village? In addition to their fantastic writing, the children this week have been learning about light in our science lessons alongside how the eye works, making periscopes and carrying out an investigation.