Weekley News 10.11.23
Another wonderful week in Year 6!
This week’s Kindness cup Winners are:
This week’s pupil of the week are:
- Reminder to ensure children are reading at home and bringing in their reading records.
- Please ensure children are wearing correct school uniform and shoes.
- Please ensure children are bringing in their water bottles.
- As the colder weather begins to creep in please ensure children have coats.
- PE days are Wednesdays.
- Children will be visiting the library across this term.
- Victorian day Monday 4th December.
- Upton will be taking part in TTRS England Rocks. This runs from 14th16th November (7:30am7:30pm each day). There is a limit of 60 mins per player each day. It would be great to have as many Upton children taking part as possible over the 3 days!
Home Learning Task:
Attached below is the overarching Thematic Curriculum homework ideas. Please refer to the homework menu which gives a variety of creative tasks for the children to choose from. Children only need to complete one task as a minimum but can choose to complete more if they wish. Homework is due on Friday 8th December.
This week children written an eerie setting description from the first page of the Highwayman. We read the text and discussed all the figurative language used.
Next week the children will begin writing character descriptions based on the main characters from the text..
This week in maths we have been focusing fractions. We have looked at adding and subtracting fractions by finding the lowest common multiples.
Next week, we will be moving onto angles. We will look at angles around a point, on a straight line and angles in a triangle.
Thematic Curriculum :
This week, the children have learnt about Queen Victoria’s reign. We created human timelines of the Victorian era, looked at child employment and compared the rich and poor.
Next week, we will begin our learning about how the Victorian helped the advancement of medicine and hospital care and about the migration of population from rural to towns and cities during the Victorian Era.
Minimum 3x a week. Reading record must be signed by an adult. Can be completed on your own or with your parents.
Once a week – Friday to Friday.
Tasks will be completed online, with new tasks set every week.
Tasks will always follow the spellings being taught in class that week.
Times Tables Rock Stars:
Minimum 3x a week.
Can be completed on tablets, laptops or mobile phones though the app or the website.
Maths homework set from Friday to Friday based on the learning that week.
We are looking forward to another fabulous week!